ACTIVSTARS COVID-19 Guidelines
(This is a living document and is subject to change as regulations are updated)
We are very excited to welcome back our ACITVSTARS Families! Below are our COVID-19 guidelines for returning to class. These rules are for our staff, students, and parents; please read over the guidelines carefully.
As much as we can protect our students, we need you as parents to talk to your children about germs, keeping their hands to themselves, and social distancing to the best of their ability. With your help, we will run smoothly, and the quicker we can get back to some normalcy!
ACTIVSTARS will follow each individual school districts requirements. If a school district mandates face-coverings for indoor classes, we will also mandate face-coverings for our staff, parents, and students. If the school district has an optional policy, then face-coverings will be optional for our staff, parents, and students.
Coaches, Instructors, Class Secretary, Door Guard Protection
- All staff must personally screen themselves upon arrival.
- Have you been in close contact with any confirmed cases of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Temperature screening for employees
- The average temperature cannot exceed 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit
- Any employees who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (answer yes to any screening questions or are running a fever) should contact a supervisor immediately.
- All employees should stay home if ill, report any symptoms of illness to a supervisor.
- Employees who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19, according to the CDC (age or underlining conditions), are encouraged to stay home.
- Must wash or sanitize hands upon arrival and hand sanitize between classes.
- Must practice social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- Face-coverings as dictated by the school district.
Class Secretary Protections
- Class Secretaries limit all shared touchpoints and are required to sanitize hands during and between class check-in.
- ACTIVSTARS will be implementing a "Contactless Check-in."
- Class Secretary will use a touch-free thermometer to screen students and parents upon check-in.
- Parents are required to check-in and pay using the ACTIVSTARS App or Parent Portal located on our website.
- The Class Secretary will sign in all students on the sign-in sheets and check the online check-in payment utilizing the ACTIVSTARS Instructor App.
- Clipboards will be provided for sign-in sheets at outdoor locations.
- After each class check-in, the Class Secretary will sanitize all touchpoints.
Student & Parent Arrival Procedures
- Face-Coverings as dictated by the school district.
- All parents must complete our one-time COVID-19 Questionnaire.
- Has your student or any family member been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Is your student or any family member experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Has your student or any family member had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Screening students and parents for illnesses upon entering the facility/field.
- Required temperature check for every student and parent.
- Any student with a temperature of 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed on the premises.
- If any parent has a temperature of 99.9 degrees Fahrenheit, the parent and student will not be allowed to remain on the premises.
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before class time.
- Do not send students to the teaching area until permitted.
- All students must wash their hands OR use hand sanitizer before class.
- Only one parent may come to check in your student.
- Limited parent helpers with no siblings will be allowed in the teaching area.
- Students and parents will follow all posted signs regarding social distancing.
- Face-covering as dictated by the school district.
- Students will be allowed to perform contact drills and techniques pending state and local restrictions.
- Instructors/Coaches to mark the teaching area with social distancing markers for student line-up and social distancing practice.
- Practice social distancing to the greatest extent possible per program.
- No use of water fountains will be permitted. Instead, students must bring their own water bottle with their names on them.
- Students may not share any personal gear.
- Any students or parent helpers showing COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- Coaches/Instructors to have the students line up on the floor/field markers for class dismissal.
- Only one parent will be allowed to stand behind their student for class announcements and pick-up.
- Coaches/Instructors will sanitize any equipment before the next class rotation.
- ACTIVSTARS recommends all students shower immediately upon arriving home and wash their hands after removing clothing.
We appreciate your continued patience as we all adjust through this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 480-603-3780.